2. Personal Data You Provide to Us
The Kapok site generally collects personally identifying information (such as, for example, your name, email address, contact address, phone number, payment information, date of birth, etc.) with your specific knowledge and consent. This includes but is not limited to when you place orders with us, register for our newsletter and website, and complete a survey. You can choose not to provide us with certain personal data, but we may not be able to process your orders, transactions or applications, or you may not be able to take advantage of our special features.
3. Personal Data We Collect When You Buy from Us
4. Automatic Information
5. Use and Provision of Personal Data
We may collect, use, store and provide your personal data for any of the following purposes, including:
- To enhance or improve user experience, the Kapok Site and/or our products and/or services, or to facilitate our performance of our services or any services offered by Kapok.
- To register, verify, process and maintain your account on the Kapok site.
- To process, verify, operate, manage, administer and maintain membership programs for our users, including but not limited to the Kapok VIP Membership Program, Kapok Referral Program, etc.
- To process your orders and/or transactions on the Kapok site and/or for our products and/or services.
- To conduct and process any contests, sweepstakes and/or surveys that we may from time to time organize in relation to the Kapok site, our business, products and/or services, and to announce the winners of the relevant contests and/or sweepstakes (as the case may be) on the Kapok site or any other medium/channels as may be required under the applicable laws.
- To send e-mails and/or other communications about our websites and/or other fashion, cultural content, art, music, design and/or lifestyle products and/or services, related news, or updates for Ka-pok.com, provided that we have obtained your explicit consent to do so.
- To provide third party service provider(s) engaged by us to provide services for or in relation to the Kapok site, to process data on our behalf, to provide information technology support to us and/or conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks and databases, including but not limited to IT contractor(s), website analytic service provider(s), data processor(s) and service provider(s) for database management systems.
- To purchaser(s)/assignee(s) as part of any re-organization, merger, transfer or sale of our business.
- To comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority.
7. Third Party Websites
8. Third Party Access to Your Personal Data
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense
9. Marketing & Communication
When registering for a Kapok account, you will be given the option to opt-in to receiving our promotional and direct marketing materials and/or updates through the Kapok newsletter and the Kapok’s ‘new in’ and promotional emails. If you would prefer to opt-out from these e-mails, you can do so at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail.
10. Law Enforcement
We may disclose your personal data to a third party to comply with or as permitted by any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from any government authority. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, unless there are any prohibitions/ restrictions under the applicable laws, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either.
11. Security of Information
We use SSL certificates to help secure the Kapok site. However, we make no representations as to the security or confidentiality of your personal data. You understand and agree that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It is in our interest to keep our websites secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
12. California Online Privacy Protection Act
Last Updated Date: Nov 28, 2016